Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hints and Tips for Storing Comics

I love comics. There was a time where I would get irate and demand people call my comics 'graphic novels'. But they're comics. I am at ease with that now.

It was Spider-Man that first peaked my interest in the medium. And, yes, that was the correct hyphenation of Spider-Man. Although a pedant might tell me that it was a dash rather than a hyphen, but I digress. I fucking LOVE Spider-Man. And Daredevil. And Batman.

I don't collect individual comic book issues. I like trade paperbacks - the graphic novels as it were. I have amassed a decent collection including The Dark Knight Returns, Hellboy, Watchmen, From Hell, Sin City and lots more. The collection has, however, recently reduced in size somewhat.

As I posted earlier, we have been having work done on our flat. This meant we had severe storage issues. I had to work out what to do with my CDs, DVDs and books. It was summer, so I decided to pack them in boxes, wrap the boxes in bin liners and store everything in the garden.

God I wish I owned a shed.

I supposes you could say that the recent rain has been unseasonal, but we live in London, and it pisses with rain here all the time!

I have managed to save a fair proportion of my collection, but I suspect Forbidden Planet will be looking forward to seeing me.

Kapow!

No comments:

Post a Comment