Friday, September 30, 2011

Fish and Chips in Wembley

I work all over West London.  Currently I have 5 offices I am in charge of.  There is an office in Uxbridge, one in Wandsworth, another in Hammersmith, and Ealing Broadway office and one in Wembly Park, in the shadow of the stadium itself.

Whenever I take over a new office I make it a personal quest to locate the best fish and chips withing easy reach.  This can prove challenging (Hammersmith has one where the chips are amazing but the fish is breaded - I mean, seriously!?).  The best Fish and Chips I have had near an office I ran was in Stratford.  Hardly surprising, I think that a bad chippy in the East End would get burnt out!

Today is the first Friday after payday and that makes it "Fish and Chip Friday". I am in Wembley and am delighted to report that the lunchtime offering was superb.  There is a Chinese takeaway (stay with me) opposite Wembley Park station called Wok and Roe.  And it does brilliant Fish and Chips.  They use a very crispy batter and keep drizzling it over the chips (much like tempura) which results in a magnificent crunch.  And the chips are ace too.

I am now at my desk and my hunger is sated and I will likely doze my way through this afternoon.
________________________________

It was Fat Disciples rehearsal time last night.  No Holly (she got stuck at work), but a full turn out otherwise.  The knowledge that we will be moving towards a gig has really focused me.  Last night I played some songs that we have rehearsed hundreds of times the best I have ever done.  My announcement of that seemed to make The Bear bemused.  It was then off to the pub to see the end of Spurs humping Shamrock Rovers.   Celtic drew with Udinese, which was a good result, but did need the ref to give Udinese a soft penalty to get the draw.

The Bear and I will be visiting The Worlds End near Finsbury Park on Sunday to see about hiring their room for the FD's first gig....

No comments:

Post a Comment