Monday, September 5, 2011

The Fat Disciples

I am in a band.

To be more precise, I'm in my mid-30s and am in a band that have never gigged. We are The Fat Disciples.

I've played the guitar for over 15 years. In that time I have got reasonably OK at it (that is not false modesty, rather sad reality). I LOVE playing the guitar. I have an awesome Gibson Les Paul Studio that plays like a dream. It's chunky, heavy (in weight) and makes me look cool.. For a pudgy ginger man.

The Fat Disciples are me on lead guitar, Chris on keys, Dal on bass, Holly singing and the Bear on drums. We play fuzzy bouncy songs and are working our way towards our first gig. There are no delusions of grandeur within the Fatty Ds. We have no hope of being signed or touring, but we are definitely good enough to play in front of people - or at least are willing to hire a room so we can.

In fact that is exactly what we decided to do. So, after a couple of years practice the FDs will (hopefully) be playing to a group of our friends as part of my birthday celebrations in November.

We rehearse on Thursday nights in Shepherds Bush and now we have booked this in the practices should become more interesting.

We'll see if The Bear can focus....

More on him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment