Friday, September 16, 2011

Change....

It was another three-man session in the Bush Studios last night for the latest Fat Disciples rehearsal.  No Al and no Holly (who were both on holiday).

It was a fairly straight forward affair - a run through of most of the set list (no ballad-rap) and then onto jamming around some new ideas.  We came up with a workable basic structure of a song that definitely has potential.  What was particularly funny about this song is that it required relatively little guitar work, but a ridiculously fast rhythm.  I love when The Bear has to get up out of the drum stool to stretch after a frantic song.  This one I think is a keeper.

We came up with the basic bones of the song by playing round with the voices on my Boss GT-8 effects pedal.  The thing is amazing - hundreds of sounds, each of which can be edited and changed to you preferences leading to tens of thousands of potential sounds a guitar can make.  I use 3 of those voices.  Clean, slightly distorted and very distorted.  Very rarely will I play with the others - but I did last night and look what happened.

Change......good.

No comments:

Post a Comment