Monday, October 17, 2011

Aspirations

A couple of things of note happened this week. The first - I finally completed the first draft of the final episode of the sitcom I have been writing.  It has taken quite a long time (and some help from a mate) and it is just a draft.

There are set steps to follow when trying to get a sitcom to screen.  I have ignored all of those.  Every piece of advice begins with "Do not write the whole thing".  I have been writing this for fun.  I have been writing it to prove that I could.  If anything else were to be achieved it would be a bonus.  Now, at least I know I can write a full 6 episode series if I want to.

The second thing is that a really interesting job has come up at work.  I have been waiting for a project management job for ages, thinking that one would never come up. But it has and I'm going to go for it.

I think this week has been a week for aspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment