Wednesday, December 21, 2011

How to Feel Festive

So we're flying towards Christmas and I have officially started to feel festive.  I am the sort of person who enjoys Christmas.  I don't like the fact that it seems to start in October, but I am more than happy to fully give in to the Christmas feeling from the second week in December.

This year we had our traditional early Christmas Dinner and gift giving with Fra and Jennie.  We do this every year before we all head home for Christmas. I cooked turkey and we ate, drank and felt full rather than merry.  It's a bloody great tradition and I love it.

In addition to this probably the most festive thing we have done in the run up to Christmas has been going to see an Adults Only screening of The Muppets Christmas Carol.  It was awesome!  Mulled wine, drinking games and The Muppets - very festive.

The Bear visited Rina and I last night.  He brought me a Christmas/birthday present - Batman: Noel. It is a Batman retelling of A Christmas Carol and is beautifully drawn.  It was also very kind and unexpected.  He's a good bloke The Bear.

It is Wednesday today and the staff Christmas do is tonight.  That will be fun.  I will partake in the free beer and have my dinner and then head home before it become rowdy.  It always does - the way good Christmas dos should!

Friday sees Rina and I head home.  I can't wait.  It has been ages since I was last at home and it is brilliant to spend time with my family (that and the fact I have two nieces means I get to enjoy having kids around - which MAKES Christmas).

So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and see you in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment